Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Rachel Halbmaier Here!

Hello all!

My name is Rachel Halbmaier. I am 18 years old from the small town of Kenesaw, Nebraska. I graduated with 25 people, so coming to UNL has been a huge change!

Currently I am a sophomore Advertising and Public Relations major here at the university. I have concentrations in Theatre, Psychology, and Communication, which is why I am taking this class! This class will be my final class needed to complete my concentration so I'm really looking forward to it!

I have taken a few classes online over the summer, and I also did some distance learning classes my senior year of high school. I am a little nervous about how tech-heavy this course sounds, but hopefully I get the hang of it!

I really hope to learn a lot from this class. In the world of advertising, we need to be talk to anyone at any time. So I hope that I will gain an appreciation and understanding of many cultures and what is typical in their communication. I want to know the trends and how to blend with various societies when speaking, as well as what is common with our every day communication.

I love shopping, running, and watching movies with friends. I work at Maurices in the mall, so that definitely helps with my shopping habit. My boyfriend and I run all the time together: it is a great way to stay active and clear your mind. And I seriously own so many movies and have seen so many I can't even pick a favorite movie; however, if I HAD to choose.... Anchorman would win every time!

I am really looking forward to this class! Can't wait to get started!



1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the class! I promise it's not as tech heavy as it sounds. Plus we use the same technology for multiple assignments so once you get the hang of it, just repeat, repeat, repeat.

    ReplyDelete