Thursday, August 29, 2013

Maggie Spieker

Hi Everyone!! 
My name is Maggie Spieker, I'm originally from the small town of Malcolm, NE. I grew up on an acerage about 25 minutes outside of Lincoln so i had the opportunity to own and ride horses but also had the perks of living close to Lincoln. I'm 22 years old and am a senior at UNL this year. I wish i could say that i would be graduating in May, but I'm going to take a short victory lap! 


I started out majoring in Nutrition, Exercise, Health Science, but recently switched to dietetics. I decided that i wanted to focus more on the nutrition side of things. I'm glad i switched and have really enjoyed my new major so far! I recently got a job as a dietary aide which will be great experience for my future and makes me excited for things to come! 


I am definitely an outdoor girl! I love being outside and being active. I enjoy going in bike rides, running, laying at the pool, snowboarding,grilling, and golfing. Along with being outdoors i also really enjoy cooking. I love trying new recipes, especially from pinterest. Last summer my boyfriend and I flew to Dana Pointe, California to visit my Aunt and Uncle. I had the time of my life! My favorite part of the trip was taking a boat to Catalina Island. 


Hanging out on the beautiful Catalina Island
I'm taking this class as an elective because communication is so important in our everyday lives.I have taken a few online classes before, but am slightly worried about this one just because I'm not very good with technology sometimes. Although I'm eager to learn about how different cultures communicate. I think it will be interesting and beneficial for my future. Being a dietitian i will be working with people from all different cultural backgrounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment