Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hello to All,
My name is Mariah Waltemath and I am 20 years old. I was born and raised in North Platte, NE for 18 years of my life. I graduated in May of 2011 and moved to Lincoln the following August.
I started out an education major but soon switched to psychology. I recently declared my second major in business administration this last spring. I have been working at the UNL children's center for 2 years and I also work for an organization called the American Society of criminology. I have worked with them for almost a year and have already been able to travel to Chicago, Atlanta, and San Francisco. This picture is from last week when I was in San Francisco.
I am currently am enrolled in 3 online classes. This was not my original plan but taking 3 was the only way to get into the classes I needed. I have only taken 1 online class before these 3 so I am a little nervous about managing all of these. 

I chose intercultural communication as an online class because I've always had n interest in language. I have taken several Spanish classes and now I want to dig deeper into the way people communicate in different cultures. This is important to me since I plan to pursue  business and hopefully end up in management of some sort. 

Some of my interests include traveling and photography which happen to go hand in hand in my case. I also enjoy cooking, which my boyfriend Kalen appreciates. I also have 2 insane cats that I have to keep up with. I recently got an RA position in the human development lab and I'm very excited to get started in there!

I'm excited to get past all the introductory things and start learning about they ways that different cultures communicate with other cultures and withing their own culture!
--Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment